The Youth Welfare Office is a Berliner institution that offers consultation for families and youths and that is responsible for several benefits (e.g. parents' money, child care subsidy, child support advance money). It is also in charge of child protection. Anyone can anonymously report suspicion of child endangerment to it. Equally anyone especially children can address to it if he/she is in an emergency. There are various consultation offers for parents, children and youth such as marriage counseling, parent counseling, education counseling etc.
The Youth Welfare Office has diverse tasks. It is occupied with child custody, guardianship, fosterage, adoption, help for young families as well as child and youth protection . In addition it supports parents with the education of their children and organises for example the child care (kindergarden and after school center). Than it is responsible of acknowledgement of paternity and custody.
In each Berliner district you find one or more Youth Welfare Offices.
- Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf: Hohenzollerndamm 174-177, 10713 Berlin
- Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg: Frankfurter Allee 35-37, 10247 Berlin
- Lichtenberg: Große-Leege-Straße 103, 13055 Berlin
- Rathausstr. 27, 12105 Berlin
- Sponholzstraße 15, 12159 Berlin
- Alarichstraße 12-17, 12105 Berlin
- Briesingstraße 6, 12307 Berlin
- John-F-Kennedy-Platz 10825 Berlin
- Strelitzstraße 15, 12105 Berlin
- Steglitz-Zehlendorf: Hartmannsweilerweg 63, 14163 Berlin
- Mitte: Karl-Marx-Allee 31, 10178 Berlin
- Pankow: Fröbelstraße 17, 10405 Berlin
- Karl-Marx-Straße 83, 12040 Berlin
- Planetenstraße 60, 12057 Berlin
- Hermannstraße 214-216, 10249 Berlin
- Blaschkoallee 32, 12359 Berlin
- Marzahn-Hellersdorf: Riesaer Straße 94, 12627 Berlin
- Zum Großen Windkanal 4, 12487 Berlin
- Plönzeile 7, 12459 Berlin
- Hans-Schmidt-Straße 10, 12489 Berlin